What is .ng Domain?
.NG is the country code top-level domain (cctld) for Nigeria. .NG domain is one of the most popular domain extension in Africa with over 120,000 .NG domains registered as of 2019.
.NG & .COM.NG domain names are perfect for anyone looking to do business or start a blog or website in Nigeria. Nigerian internet is growing day by day, so having a .NG domain for your business will put you far ahead of your competition. It will let your visitors know that you are a local business that they can trust & choose.
Listed below are the popular Nigerian domain names that you can choose:
- .ng: This is the most commercially used .ng extension. It is open for everyone so anyone can register it. Whether you are a business or a blogger or even a startup, .ng is the best choice for you.
- .com.ng: Its the most popular Nigerian extension for its affordability. If you can’t get your .ng right now then .com.ng is the next best thing for you.
- .org.ng: Suited for Organizations & Non-Profit charities..
Why Should I register Nigerian Domain Names?
NG domain names are recommended for anyone looking for business opportunities in Nigeria(one of the largest & fastest growing economies in Africa & the world). You will also gain the trust of local people by letting them know that you are a Nigerian business.
Below are the 3 major benefits to register .ng domain for your website:
- Target Nigeria: .NG domain tells about your Nigerian identity to your website visitors. So, it is highly recommended for anyone looking for business opportunities in Nigeria to register their .NG.
- Rank better on Google: Google gives advantage to country level domains in local results. So having a .com.ng or .ng domain will be give your website an edge over your competition & help you rank higher on Google Search results in Nigeria. Having a better ranking means getting more traffic to your site which would mean more revenue for you.
- Highly brandable: We all know how short names are very easy to memorise and difficult to forget. Almost all the short and good names in .COM are already taken. But you can register many short & brandable names in .NG extension. For example: why go for mybusinessonlineng.com when you can register mybusiness.ng. You can be a local Nigerian business or a blogger or even an international corporation that is looking to do business in Nigeria. Your .NG or .com.ng can build your online presence for you. So don’t wait & register your .NG right now.
How to buy .ng Domains?
You can buy .ng domains in 3 simple steps from Broaddrive:
- 1. Search your .ng domain: Enter the domain name that you want to buy in the search box on the top of this page & then click “Search”. If your domain is available, we will show it to you as available for registration. If you like the name, you can then go ahead & register it. In case if your searched domain is unavailable then we will show you our suggested alternatives that you can choose from or you can also search for another .ng domain name.
- 2. Fill your Registrant details: Once you have selected your desired .ng domain name, you just need to fill up your details to create your account at Broaddrive.net. The details that you fill up on this step will be used in your Domain’s Registrant Information.
- 3. Pay for your Domain Name: The final step is to review your order summary and then Proceed to checkout, where you can make the payment via Debit/Credit Cards or through Bank. Once the payment is done, your domain name will be instantly activated.
Who can register .ng Domain extension?
Absolutely anyone can register .NG Domain Names.
.NG, .com.ng domains are open tlds, which means that anyone from anywhere in Nigeria or Rest of the world can register Nigerian domains without any restrictions whatsoever. It is perfect for individuals, businesses, bloggers, webmasters & just about anyone looking to do business, create a website or invest in Nigeria.
Although some domain extensions like gov.ng, .edu.ng, .net.ng, .sch.ng etc. are closed & are open only to accredited institutions located in Nigeria. You would need supported documents to register these restricted domains.
Don’t wait! Just go ahead & search your name in the search box on this page to find out if its available or not. If your name is available then you can go ahead & buy it before someone else does.